January 31, 2015

Jean Paul Gaultier

This Paris Fashion Week got me inspired.

Let's begin with Lady GaGa's BFF, Jean Paul Gaultier.

I love Lady GaGa, she's a bit crazy, but honestly I think she's just misunderstood, like all real artists (i.e.: Van Gogh).
It's not surprising Jean Paul Gaultier is the one designer she identifies with.
To my view, he's a genius. His designs aren't boring. It's intelligent and provocative. You have to spend sometime examining it to understand. It's a piece of art!

Last year, Gaultier announced he wouldn't do ready-to-wear anymore. People started to question wether he would be able to combine chic and humour (I'd say intelligence). He is a freethinker, and of course he did it.

This runway had a wedding theme and showcased 61 alternative brides. All sizes and ages. I loved that he put older models to walk on his designs.

On the right: Anna Cleveland



In a time where no one wants to look older than thirty-years-old (myself included), Gaultier was able to balance between a show, where young and skinny models are used to market the work, to whom these clothes are really market for. The idea of using older models, with real body shapes, showed his fans he is realistic. They looked beautiful!



I'm so afraid of getting old, it seems to me that my life won't be as fun as it is now... I'll have other responsibilities, children to take care, a house, bills to pay... I feel like I have to live everything now because later won't be fun. I know I'm wrong. I see my mom, she is so young spirited. And that's how I want to be as I grow older. My age won't keep me from doing anything (not in an immature way).

His runway gave me hope. Made me think that life is good whatever age you are!

These are my top 3 from his show, including Naomi!









PICTURES: Giovanni Gianonni for WWD

WATCH: Model Anna Cleveland. She appeared on Jean Paul Gaultier's and Ellie Saab's show!
@anna_vcr - she reminds me of Lady GaGa a little bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment