January 17, 2015

I will survive!

This week I have been feeling a little sad. I don't know what's happening with me, I just don't feel enthusiastic about anything.

This is not me.

Last week I talked about how much I want and I need to change. It's evolution. We need to evolve. My classes started and I have lots of plans. I've printed out a bunch of daily schedules and weekly dinner menus that would help me organize my day so I wouldn't make the same mistakes I did last semester.

Who said it worked?

As soon as I started panicking about failing, all my plans remained plans instead of actions.

This week I worked on my next article for The Projector, Red River College's newspaper, that listed 20 places in Winnipeg for people under 20. I'm new to Winnipeg, and I hate to say, but I haven't gone anywhere other then the mall and The Forks, so I had to get my friends to help me.

One of the places on the list was Saffron's Restaurant. On Fridays and Saturdays, starting at 10 p.m., they have karaoke.

When I was in Virginia I used to go to karaoke with my friends sometimes and we had lots of fun! At the time, I was taking Show Choir, so everything I wanted to do was sing all the time! hahaha #goodtimes

This last friday I got my friends and even my parents to come with me to Saffron's. I spent my entire week stressing out, irritated, and sad. All I wanted today was to forget all my worries and have a good time.

I have to tell you that we nailed karaoke! At first just one of my friends said he would sing, that he was the king of karaoke. But then we had so much fun that all of us (we were 12 people) sang and danced! Even my mom and my dad! It was too much fun!

Me and my friend Raquel closed the night! haha We got everyone at the bar to dance and sing with us. The host got so excited with our performance that she played one last song and all of us that were at the bar sang and danced together! It was great!

I've been feeling a little "down" (as we say in Brazil), but I know I will survive, and tonight I could yell that so the world could hear it. It felt good.

Guess what? We are going back tomorrow!
I totally recommend checking this place! It's awesome!

Here's a video #aboutlastnight, so you can get a little excited about karaoke!

CAPTION TRANSLATION: "For the soul not to be sedentary, take risks" - Zack Magiezi

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment