March 18, 2015

it seems crazy, but...

...it's been almost a month since the last time I turned my TV on.

I like being on my computer. Even though the screen is a bit small - I have some vision issues - I rather use my computer than any other device.

Why?

Simple. I have control. And I love having control of what's around me.

My doctor even told me once that I don't sleep well because I want to control things even when I am asleep. Oh well, that's just who I am.

The internet allows me to control what I watch/read/listen, when I do it, and however I want to do it. It's impossible to carry your TV to school. Well, it's not impossible, it's just weird. Books are too heavy to carry sometimes and music... We have iPods/iPhones etc. But I use YouTube a lot to listen to music because I love watching music clips.

PICTURE: We Heart It


The other day, my friend said TV is something that entertains you without making you think. I had never thought of it this way. But he was right! We just sit and watch, without having to do anything else. We don't usually interact with it. Is true that watching shows stirs your emotional, and that's no different than watching it online. However, when I am watching something on my computer, I'm also doing three other things at the same time. I listen to the characters' lines, write my blog posts, design something, read an article... It works for me because I multi-task.

This article in the Guardian says that the results of a British National Readership Survey showed that people who are more likely to be affluent spend more time online for work or entertainment, and they usually visit a higher number of websites. Aside from the affluent part, THAT IS ME! Right now, I have 20 tabs open on my Google Chrome. TWENTY TABS OPEN. I don't even know how I manage that. Seriously.

I hope that mean I will become an affluent person. :D

What about you? Do you spend more time online than on TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment