April 1, 2015

so I made a magazine...

Dear Readers, Friends and Family,

My dream job is to work for a magazine.

I don't know, I feel like the work environment would be awesome, and that people have a lot of fun writting stories.

When I heard we would have a magazine project, I was very, very excited!

So me and my group created a Trading Card Games Magazine! YES!
At first, the only thing I knew about trading card games was that my brother used to play Magic: The Gathering and that there were colorful dots on the cards. That was enough for me hahaha
But since we decided that was going to be the niche market for our magazine, I became more educated HAHAHA.

I wrote an article about the role of illustration for trading card games, and it was great. When I was little and saw my brother playing I had no clue of what those pictures meant. When I started researching and interviewing people for my article, I learned that the pictures play a major role during the game. It's an essencial tool that helps players to become faster players.

TOMORROW, April 2, we are having a Magazine Trade Fair where we will be launching our magazine. It's going ot be super fun and you guys will have the opportunity to see other magazines too! There are plenty of them, with different topics and different niche markets. It's going to be super fun!

Here is a little peak of what our magazine looks like! Hope you guys can come see our booth!



The picture for this cover was such a hard work yet fun to make! We covered one of our team members in Magic: The Gathering cards. It was super fun!


This is the article I wrote featuring the illustrations of Scott Altmann, a NY based artist that created several illustration for games. He told me about what inspires him, and what are the illustration roles. It was great to learn from him!

And this is the Drawcard team! Great people that I got to know and work with! We had a great time coming up with this magazine.

So, don't forget!
TOMORROW, April 2, at RRC Roblin Centre's Atruim starting at noon until 4 p.m.
Come celebrate with us! :D

See you all there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment