November 7, 2014

once upon a time there was a princess...

I love fairytales.

When I was little, I was sure I was meant to be a princess. It sounds cliché, but I did believe I was a princess.

A long time ago, Brazil was ruled by Dom Pedro I, then King of Portugal who became emperor of Brazil. He was the one who declared Brazil's independence. The royal family still exist, but they don't rule the country and have nothing to do with politics.

Because my mom's last name is Brasil, one day I asked her if we didn't have anything to do with the royal family. I was hoping my grandfather was hiding a big secret that would be revealed unto me at a certain age. Yes, I was delusional, I know, but as a kid, I never lost hope.

My mom would always tell me stories about kings and queens, and all I could think of was a way to become a princess. She would always wake me up calling me sleeping beauty and telling me I had a princess lifestyle hahaha. When she went to England, I asked her to buy me a princess dress and a crown. She brought me a Sleeping Beauty Barbie. It was good enough.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out fairytales weren't true. But still, until today, I like listening to the stories and watching fairytale movies. I've never been to Disney, but I'm pretty sure I won't want to leave that castle.

A couple months before I came to Canada, I started watching the TV show everyone knows: Once Upon A Time.

I can't stop watching it! Even though is not the greatest series, I love the fact that they bring together real world with fairy tales because as I said in the beginning, I've always wished they were true!

I just realized how excited I am while writing about it.

So. The reason I'm here today talking about fairytales and how amazing they are is because, at the end of December, Disney is releasing a new movie based on the Broadway show "Into The Woods".

Not only the movie is about more than one story connected, but is a musical! Aren't you excited for singing all the songs? I know I am.

I love musicals. I grew up watching "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", "Flashdance", "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing". I know all their songs by heart. I remember my mom cleaning our house listening to her vinyl record of "Grease."

On my YouTube channel I have a playlist with my favourite musicals soundtracks, and I listen to it almost everyday! So I am very excited about this movie!

Disney went very creative with the movie's promotion. They did a subtly animated poster to promote it. It just sets the scene and makes me more excited to go to the theatre and watch it!
These are some of the posters







IMAGES: DISNEY

Aren't they super cool?

The movie comes to theatres on December 24, and here is the trailer so you can get more excited!

See you next week :)




No comments:

Post a Comment