November 28, 2014

things that made happy this week!

This week has been crazy!

With the end of the semester coming up, we had a lot of school work to hand in this week. I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep for 4 days! hahaha
Plus it's freaking cold in this city! I never imagined -30 would be so cold! The winters I've been through in Toronto were very different from here.

I don't feel like going out and I can't even think about taking the bus to school. I spend only five minutes waiting for the bus and I can't feel my legs anymore. So scary!

So yeah, it's been pretty hard so far! haha

One thing I've tried to do is thinking positively. I'm living in a new place, experiencing new things, meeting new people and although that seems amazing, it's not always easy!

I am trying to get my creativity back in my life. It's been only three months and a week since I arrived  in Canada and within this time I rented an apartment, furnished it, bought all my kitchen appliances, started speaking English again, started school, made new friends, started a new program in college, and started living by myself for the first time. If you think, my life changed a lot in a little time.

It makes me overwhelmed sometimes, but I don't want to be the girl feeling sorry for herself. These obstacles are what make me stronger. So I decided to focus more on the things that make me happy, and today I want to share them with you! :)

1. Writing books

Writing is one of my favourite things, but I used to be more creative when I was 13-16 years old. I never thought about writing a book, but I like to write down my thoughts. And like every teenager, I had intense thoughts.

When I started CreComm I found myself having to write A LOT. And what made it harder was that I wasn't writing my thoughts only. I have to write all types of papers, both factual and creative.

I bought two books to keep my creativity flowing.
One is called 1 Page At a Time by Adam J. Kurtz, and the other one is 642 Things to Write About by San Francisco Writers' Grotto.
I'm in love with them. Every night I tried to do at least one writing exercise, and they are all very simple. It helps me a lot with vocabulary!

2. Pens

My collection of pens keep getting bigger. Unfortunately I left a lot of the ones I already have in Brazil, because it was either the pens or my clothes hahaha.

Saturday I went to Chapters (I'm obsessed!) and bought the most gorgeous pen I've ever seen after the Swarovski's pens. The box says "Everything in moderation, except diamonds." I'd say, everything in moderation, except pens hahaha

The pen is golden and has a huge fake diamond on the top. I just simply felt the need to have it. It extremely necessary for my life, and to motivate me to write! hahaha



p.s.: these are terrible pictures! sorry!

3. TWO WEEKS!
It's only two weeks until my parents and my sister start to freeze with me in Winnipeg :D
Can't wait to see them!
I'm so so so happy!

See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment